I’ve been meaning to post this blog since February 2021 when I followed LIDL’s Haggis croquettes recipe. I thought it was fitting to share it today on Burn’s Night when Scottish groups around the globe will be celebrating our national bard.
– 150g (cooked) haggis – Follow pack instructions.
– 250g Mashed Tatties
– 250g Mashed Neeps
– 1 Handful Grated Cheese
– Salt & Pepper to season
– Flour for coating
– 2 Beaten Eggs
– Breadcrumbs to coat
– Oil for frying
1. Mix together the haggis, neeps, tatties, grated cheese and seasoning.
2. Shape the mixture into equal sized croquettes.
3. Arrange a bowl of flour, a bowl of beaten eggs and a bowl of breadcrumbs.
4. Coat the croquettes in the flour, then the eggs then roll in the breadcrumbs until fully covered.
5. Heat enough oil in a large pan to turn the croquettes and deep fry until golden brown.
6. De-grease on some paper towels.
7. Enjoy with a side salad, whisky sauce or any accompaniment of your choice.